Opened in 1995, with just one main room and an initial capacity of 350, CJM, has undergone several modifications and extensions as the Muslim population of Wolverton has increased. There is also an additional room upstairs which can accommodate up to 150 sisters.
In 2003, a second larger room, known as Shaikan Ahmed Alfarsi Hall, was constructed, bringing the new capacity of the masjid to just under 1600 catering for both brothers and sisters. CJM has a fairly large wudu area and also provides facilities for funeral preparations and body-washing.
Wolverton Mosque has gone through numerous phases of development and progress. These consist of New hall and Ladies area, The building itself is well-known to all muslim and non muslim, with a colourful history behind the structure.
There is a small car park within the grounds for about twenty five cars, with an additional large car park across the road, which is free of charge.
Central Jamia Mosque is open to visitors throughout the year. We receive a large number of visitors from schools, colleges, universities and other institutions wishing to find out more about a mosque and the Islamic faith.
It is our belief that our primary concern should be to serve the needs of the local community and to work towards the common good.